5 Tips for Engaging with Social Media
It has been almost 14 years since the dawn of the first social media platform, and we are finally just starting to be able to accurately analyze and find out what works and what doesn’t. Social media marketing can be a difficult and frustrating endeavor, especially if you are a smaller company, or trying to do it on the side, or on your own. How to get followers, how to obtain likes, what can we do to get in front of more people and how can we get others to engage are all questions commonly asked by fledgling social media users. Below are four tips that users (especially beginners) will find useful for optimizing social media for your business.
1) We have all hear the phrase “content is king”. This has to do with picture and video uploads, people enjoy visuals and most algorithms used by platforms like Facebook and twitter know this. So if an effort to make their platforms more favored most platforms prioritize posts with images or videos.
2) Ask questions or conduct surveys. Getting people to engage on social media is important and it is hard. Be interesting, don’t just endlessly spam commercial like content designed to advertise your brand or company.
3) Use coupons in your Facebook posts. If you are going to post advertisements via social media a good method for getting people to click on them is giving them an obvious reason. Statistics show that nearly 42% of users like companies so that they will receive discounts or coupons.
4) Keep your tweets even shorter then 140 characters. Twitter is one of the most fickle of social media platforms and studies show that its users want posts that are direct and to the point. Even though you are allowed 140 characters keep it below 100. Another interesting twitter fact is that misusing hash tags can be detrimental to engagement, so its better to not use hash tags if you are not sure if they are being used correctly.
5) Engagement is key. Attempt to get friends and followers talking about your page or posts, and once they do respond back to them. If another business comments on something on your page reciprocate and comment on something you see on theirs.
All Star Limousine is a Long Island, New York based company with an extensive global reach; we provide expert Wedding, Special Event and Executive Travel services throughout the Tri-State area and the world. We have over 30 years of experience in the travel industry; our attention to detail, 2014 top-of-the-line vehicles and professional trained Chauffeurs set us apart from the rest!