It’s once again the time of year when the weather gets warmer the beaches and vineyards are opening and the flowers are blooming. It is also prom time. Prom can be the one of the most momentous events of a lifetime and for many teens it marks their first major milestone. As incredible as it is, it can also be a very stressful time. There are dresses to buy and tuxedoes to rent, coordinating with friends and finding a date are just a few of the possible trials faced by the young prom goer. Of course there is also the transportation. Who’s going to go with whom in what type of limo and where are we going before after and during, it can see very daunting when faced with all these decisions. All Star Limousines wants you to know that we understand and we are here to help.
Here are five tips for kids and parents to keep in mind when selecting a company and a vehicle for their prom:
1) Always go and visit the limousine company, make sure the vehicle you are interested in will be on site and available for you to view. If you find yourself in a situation where that car is not there when they said it would be or the person on the phone is trying to arrange a meeting spot for you to see the vehicle (probably because they don’t have an actual location) think twice before committing to that company.
2) Make sure you have an accurate head count and a small monetary commitment from all the people that will be in your limo on prom night. Prom only happens on one of a few days out of the year (due to the need for most schools to have prom before graduation and the limited availability of catering halls) so a last minute vehicle switch due to a member of your group dropping out or going with someone else may be difficult to accommodate and will leave the remaining individuals in your party responsible for a larger portion of the bill.
3) Ask questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Some things you may want to ask the sales person from the limo company are; is the price your giving me inclusive of all fees (it’s ok to ask if that price includes tip)? Do you own all your limousines (many companies advertise vehicles they don’t even have)? Are your drivers safe and reliable (are they properly certified)? Is the vehicle you are showing me the exact car that we will be receiving on our day? Do you allow drinking or alcohol in the vehicle (obviously guys your underage and can’t drink so this is a big no) if the answer to any of these questions is not what you imagine it should be then that is an immediate red flag.
4) Sign a contract. It is very important that you are properly contracted for the agreed upon price and the agreed upon vehicle. Also along those same lines make sure the company asks for a credit card. Any company that does not require you to sign a contract or does not request you leave a credit card on file is not engaging in proper business practices. Many times these are small fly by night companies that are trying to avoid taxes or proper insurance fees. You run a good chance, when dealing with this type of operation, of them taking your money and then just not showing up the day of.
5) Have a solid logistics plan. Know where you’re going and at what time. Do not schedule things too close, as it will take longer for a vehicle such as a party bus to get from point A to point B then it would in a regular car. Also do not try to pick up all 20 people in your limo from their individual houses try to limit your pickups and drop offs to three and three (suggest common meeting places that are centrally located so no one is traveling too far on their own), this is really so that your time is maximized in the limousine. It makes no sense to spend half the night picking up people and then dropping them off.
Kids we want you guys to have the most memorable and magical time of your life. We will accommodate you exactly according to your needs and we guarantee our service. Moms and Dads we will protect your children, we will keep them safe. We will be early, our drivers are professionals and will act as such, the vehicle we provide will be a 2013 model and will appear on your day as if it jumped out of the pages of a magazine. No matter what your arrangements please be safe and please have fun. Congratulations from All Star Limousines!
All Star Limousine is a Long Island, New York based company with an extensive global reach; we provide expert Wedding, Special Event and Executive Travel services throughout the Tri-State area and the world. We have over 30 years in the travel industry; our attention to detail, 2013 top-of-the-line vehicles and professional trained Chauffeurs set us apart from the rest.