Top 5 Things To Do On Long Island In The Summer Time
New York Long Island is a place unlike any other. With a major metropolis to the west, verdant wine country to the east and beautiful beaches everywhere in between it might be tough for an out-of-towner to know just where to begin. It is in the interest of tourism that we have decided to highlight five of the best things to do on Long Island during the summer months. Although we have seen the end of this season keep these things in mind for next year.
1) Visit Long Island North Fork Vineyards. With over 40 booming wineries and vineyards our east Long Island wine country is an unbelievable experience. Wineries like Long Island's Pindar or vineyards like Baiting Hollow Farms the North Fork wineries offer something for everyone. Raphael, Laurel Lake, Bedell, Pellegrini and Pugliese are only a few of the more prominent venues out there. The North Fork isn’t all about guzzling fine wines however, there are a variety of different shops and establishments that dot the country side; places like Vines and Branches and Briermere farms offer home made culinary delights that some claim to be the best in the country.
2) The beaches. So if you have never been to Long Island then you need to visit our incredible beaches, some of which wont remind you of tropical paradise but most of them are far nicer then any other on the east coast. Jones beach, The Hamptons and Montauk Point have arguably the greatest waves for you would be surfers and offer different venues sand side. But really any town you go to you wont be further then a half hour from sand and surf.
3) Sight Seeing. There is a lot going on in Long Island Suburbia, from concerts at the beach to various celebration in individual town ships to the plethora of shopping malls there is always something to do. Head down to one of the many world renowned golf courses or witness a famous long island wedding. Even if there isn’t the geography of the island is beautiful and varied, lush woodlands open upon vast pristine lakes and cliff side beaches offer a breathtaking view of the oceans or the sound. Check out
4) NYC. So okay heading into New York City isn’t exactly a seasonal thing but if you’re here visiting its almost a requirement that you head into Manhattan for at lest one night. Be warned however NYC is not for the faint of heart or the slow of pace, it is a bustling, vibrant metropolis that has obtained the moniker “The City That Never Sleeps” for good reasons.
5) Outdoor dining in the summer time. So one of my personal favorite things to do when the weathers nice is sit in the sun and have a glass of wine or a fine meal. Not fast food or pizza but culinary excellence prepared by Zagat rated chefs in restaurants that rival the worlds best. The blue sky, shining sun and gentle breezes are indescribably conducive to fine dining. Long Island has an impressive list of excellent eateries that even a native long islander will never have the time to fully explore.
All Star Limousine is a Long Island, New York based company with an extensive global reach; we provide expert Wedding, Special Event and Executive Travel services throughout the Tri-State area and the world. We have over 30 years of experience in the travel industry; our attention to detail, 2013 top-of-the-line vehicles and professional trained Chauffeurs set us apart from the rest!
by Jarrad Kulick