Top 5 Things To Do On Long Island In The Fall
Long Island New York is a beautiful place to live. In an area with such a diverse geography including farms, beaches, woodlands, lakes and rivers, there is rarely a shortage of things to do no matter the season. Autumn on Long Island is especially festive as fall heralds the harvest. Apple orchards, pumpkin picking and haunted houses are prevalent across the island and make awesome activities amidst the changing of the leaves and the colors of fall.
With so many choices all the options can be a bit overwhelming so after extensive research we have compiled a list below of five of the best things to do on long island in the fall.
1) Go apple or pumpkin picking. Fall is the time of the harvest and Long Island farms have some of their best crops in Autumn. With apple orchids and pumpkin patches a plenty there’s a lot to choose from. Check out Stakey’s Pumpkin Farm in Aquebogue a sprawling 26-acre farm that has every variety of pumpkin and gourde imaginable.
2) Experience one of the many fall festivals on long island. You have your Oktoberfest and even Septemberfest that are celebrated at several locations on long island, but then each town has its own harvest celebration. Check out; Oyster Fest in Oyster Bay or The Long Island Fall Festival at Heckscher Park in Huntington both unique events that should not be missed.
3) Visit a haunted house or attraction. Long Island is a great place for ghost hunting. There are nearly as many “real” haunted locations as there are fabricated ones. Weather your interested in a truly frightening experience or you are looking for something you and the kids can do Long Island has several options. Take a ride down Sweet Hollow Road in Huntington or have a drink at Katies in Smithtown both infamously haunted locales.
4) In addition too the orchards and patches there are some very unique experiences that come around when the leaves begin to change colors. Check out the display at Old Westbury Gardens. The Rise of the Jack O’ Lanterns is a month long event presented by dozens of local artists featuring over 5,000 hand carved Jack O’ Lanterns that illuminate the paths through the gorgeous gardens at Old Westbury.
5) Enjoy the season; the fall foliage on Long Island is like very few places in the world. When the time is just right the landscape is an explosion of reds, oranges and yellows. Just a drive down the street can be an experience. To truly enjoy the fall color that long island has to offer check out The Bayard Cutting Arboretum in Oakdale or The Oyster Bay Cutting Fields.
All Star Limousine is a Long Island, New York based company with an extensive global reach; we provide expert Wedding, Special Event and Executive Travel services throughout the Tri-State area and the world. We have over 30 years of experience in the travel industry; our attention to detail, 2015 top-of-the-line vehicles and professional trained Chauffeurs set us apart from the rest!